CTC-ARI AIRPORTS LTD operates the website www.cydutyfree.com and is the controller of the information collected or provided directly or via this Website.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs how we take care of the information we hold about you. The first principle of the Regulation is that your personal information must be processed fairly and transparently. We have an obligation to let you know how we will securely maintain the information about you and what we will use it for.
What personal data do we collect about you?
- Records and copies of our correspondence if you contact us
- Any other information collected through promotional activities
- Name, surname and email address (*only if you will sign up to our newsletter)
Why do we need your personal data?
- We keep records and copies of our correspondence to contact you and deliver the services you have engaged us with and to protect our legitimate interests
- We keep information as per the cookies policy to remember information such as language preference or login information and for advertising and marketing efforts (*only if have given us your consent to do so)
- We also collect information to contact you with promotional material (*only if you have signed up to our newsletter)
We collect and use your information under the following lawful bases:
- where we have your consent (by the data subject or legal guardian),
- where it is necessary for the execution of a contract between us
- where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation,
- where processing is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests
- where it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller,
- where it is justified by our legitimate interests, of your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of another person.
Who will we share your information with:
If it is necessary to share your information with other parties, it will be subject to strict controls and data processing agreements describing to what extent and how it may be used. We may share your information with:
- Public Authorities
- Service providers and/or collaborators
Security of personal data
We take appropriate operational and technology security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, corruption and/or destruction.
How long do we retain your data?
- For delivery of services and communication: We maintain your data for 3 months and then delete it (*except if the subject of communication is related to a different procedure that might require a longer retention period)
- For promotional services: We only maintain your data for promotional purposes when you have granted your consent. We will delete your data when you choose to withdraw your consent.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 Law 125(I)/2018, you are granted several rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
1. Right to be informed
2. Right to access
3. Right to correction
4. Right to erasure
5. Right to restriction of processing
6. Right to data portability
7. Right to object to processing
8. Right not to be subject to automated decision making
The contact information of our Data Protection Officer is as below:
Phone Number: +357 24 841568
For further information on the GDPR, your rights or to lodge a complaint, you can contact the office of the Commissioner for the Protection of Private Data at the following address:
Office of the Commissioner for the Protection of Private Data
1 Iasonos st. ,1082 Nicosia , Cyprus
Telephone number: 22818456
Fax number: 22304565